top of page
Landlords Safety Certificate.jpg

Landlord Electrical Safety Certificate


Protect your tenants and protect your property. Book your five-year safety check today


Landlord Electrical Safety Certificate in Rugby & Warwickshire

Did you know that as a landlord, you are legally required to be covered by an Electrical Installation Condition Report and this must be updated every five years.

Do you need an electrical safety certificate? Book yours with Hertz-Electrical.

What is an electrical safety certificate?


The Electrical Safety Certificate is a written report (Electrical Installation Condition Report), that confirms the electrics in a home are safe for tenants.


What the certificate cover includes:


Light fittings

Fuse boxes

Power sockets

Do you need an electrical safety certificate?

If you are a landlord - of a domestic or commercial property - then you are required, by law, to have an up-to-date Electrical Safety Certificate. 


These regulations came into force on 1st June 2020, and apply to new tenancies (any tenancy granted on or after 1st June 2020) from 1st July 2020 and existing tenancies from 1st April 2021.


If you do not have an up-to-date electrical safety certificate, you could face being fined up to £30,000. Don’t risk the safety of your tenants and don’t risk being fined. Book your electrical safety certificate now.


If your report comes back as unsatisfactory, as a landlord, you must rectify the work within 28 days. 

Why do landlords need an electrical safety certificate?


You might need to provide evidence of the certificate to local authorities

If you provide any appliances to the tenant, then you have a responsibility for checking they are safe (these might require a Portable Appliance Test)

The report / certificate should be made available to new tenants before they move in


View our full list of electrical services we can provide.


Thanks to our convenient central location we are proud to be able to work with customers throughout the Midlands.

At Hertz Electrical Contractors we are committed to the future and protecting landlords and tenants with an up to date Landlord Electrical Safety Certificate and Electrical Installation Condition Report. This certificate is know as an EICR or Electrical Installation Condition Report, commonly know as an Electrical Safety Certificate.

Do I need a NICEIC certificate to rent my house or apartment?

This is essentially the same as the above, NICEIC is our governing body but some do refer to the reports as NICEIC Reports.

Call us on 01788 541 403

Email us

Or Contact us online to Request A Quote


Electrical Services

Hertz Electrical Contractors pride ourselves on our energy and cost saving solutions for clients and customers. As the prices of energy rise, as does the importance of making sure you are not being wasteful with electricity.


Meet The Team

Your local landlord safety certificate electricians. We cover all of Warwickshire and surrounding Midlands areas including Rugby, Daventry, Leamington Spa, Kenilworth, Warwick and Coventry


Check out our frequently asked questions. As well as providing everyday electrical services to our customers, we are passionate about working with customers to find electrical solutions.

Electricity Plugs
bottom of page